Process Director is the only BPM software solution featuring the Process Timeline™, a patented business process automation software technology for creating easily modifiable, highly parallel, and time-aware business processes to help organizations with their business process improvement. For the first time, sophisticated a business process can be defined and automated through a Microsoft Project-like interface. More than just a new interface, this business process automation software technology has been designed to build and manage complex business processes, including those that cannot be represented using traditional flowcharts.
Process Timeline helps with business process improvement (BPI) because business users are made aware of the earliest possible notice of potential delays, leading to early intervention and fewer surprises.
Process Timeline also offers process owners the ability to examine “what-if” scenarios, enabling them to predict the impact of an anticipated or hypothetical delay in a given process instance.
BP Logix developed Process Timeline to help organizations with their business process improvement by addressing the lack of predictability in business processes. While most iBPMS solutions can only tell you when a particular task is late, Process Timeline uses its knowledge of your process’ execution history to automate and predict when each task is likely to complete, no matter how far in the future that task is scheduled to begin.
Now that you understand what Process Timeline can do, see all the ways it can be deployed.
With its predictive modeling and Timeline patents, Process Director is acknowledged as a trend setter.
Read the report
Starwood Hotels and Resorts tells us how Process Timeline opened doors for them.
Watch the video
Process Timeline Features:
Process Timeline is simply the easiest way to compose, manage, and modify your business process. Key business process improvement data, such as process duration and critical path, are available at a glance using a Gantt-style chart automatically produced and updated as your process is running. At the same time, Process Timeline offers powerful business process automation software capabilities unmatched by any other BPM solutions, including:
Designed for business users, Process Director business process automation software enables you to build and deploy efficient, robust workflows and business processes, with no programming:
- Build rich, complex applications through point-and-click
- Intuitive graphical user interface facilitates rapid deployment and time-to-value
No Complex Flowcharts
Time is a critical component of any business process. Late activities—or activities that Process Timeline predicts will be late—are highlighted and easily identified. Time to completion for any activity or for the business process as a whole is also immediately available with this business process automation software technology. Traditional flowchart-style workflows simply cannot offer this level of business process improvement insight into your business process— business process improvement insights that translates into business success:
- MS Project-like builder: list tasks, dependencies
- Process Timeline automatically generates and updates a Gantt-style chart to show you, at a glance, how (and for how long) the process will run
Any workflow software can tell you when your task is due, or late. But only Process Timeline offers the earliest possible notification that some future task is predicted to be late. And Process Timeline can do more than just notify you: it can take direct action, escalating or rerouting activities to account for the predicted delay:
- Process Timeline continuously evaluates your business process, based on past experience and current status
- Process Timeline predicts when any future activity is likely to be delayed, offering the earliest possible opportunity for manual or automatic intervention
No Unnecessary Delays
Ideal for automating, tracking and reporting on complex processes, Process Director business process management software is perfect for “activity-based” processes with well-defined milestones. Unlike a traditional workflow system, Process Timeline’s business process automation software technology features “implicit parallelism.” Process designers no longer have to explicitly identify which steps can be run in parallel, a time-consuming and error-prone analysis:
- Every Process Timeline activity will execute as soon as it is eligible to do so
- At any given moment, every activity that can be running, is running
No Excuses For Business Process Improvement
As your business evolves, you will want to analyze the performance of your business process (and your process actors), to find ways for business process improvement to make it even more efficient:
- Process Timeline business process automation software technology records every action taken by every process participant (human or automated), ensuring total accountability
- Process Timeline points you directly at those activities within your process that are consuming the most time, so you can quickly focus your process improvement efforts where they will have the most impact
- Drill down to review historical information about any activity, or to see how different actors have performed within a given task
- Reset analytics at any time to get a fresh perspective