Process Director is an effective, proven, and comprehensive process automation solution for a variety of vertical markets. An additional advantage it delivers to customers is a unique function called Process Timeline™, which is process automation functionality for creating easily modifiable and time-aware business processes to help organizations with their process improvement.
BP Logix developed Process Timeline to help organizations improve planning for business outcomes by addressing the lack of predictability in workflows and processes. While most process automation solutions can only tell you when a particular task is late, Process Timeline uses its knowledge of an organization’s process execution history to automate and predict when each task is likely to complete, no matter how far in the future that task is scheduled to begin.
Process Timeline Features
Process Timeline offers a simple way to compose, manage, and modify business processes. Process-related data and analysis, such as process duration and critical path insights, are delivered in a continuous fashion as processes are running. Organizations recognize significant advantages through features such as:
Designed for business users, Process Timeline gives non-developers the ability to build and deploy enterprise-grade, time-aware workflows and processes, with no programming.
- Build rich, complex applications through point-and-click method.
- Intuitive graphical user interface facilitates rapid deployment and time-to-value.
Time is essential to all business activity. Late actions, or actions that Process Timeline predicts will be late—are highlighted and identified while they are running.
- Visual task building interface that lists tasks, dependencies, and highlights potential issues.
- Process Timeline automatically generates and updates a visual interface that identifies, at a glance, how (and for how long) the process will run
Keep Processes On-Track
Process Timeline offers the earliest possible notification that some future task is predicted to be late, and can automatically take direct action, escalating or rerouting activities to account for the predicted delay.
- Process Timeline continuously evaluates processes based on past experience and current status.
- Provides accurate predictions when any future activity is likely to be delayed, offering the earliest possible opportunity for manual or automatic intervention.
Tracking and Measurement
As organizations evolve, performance analysis and awareness are critical for continuous improvement.
- Process Timeline records every action taken by every process participant (human or automated), ensuring total accountability.
- Process Timeline maps users to activities within process that are consuming the most time, so users can quickly focus process improvement efforts where they will have the most impact.
- Drill down to review historical information about any activity, or to see how different actors have performed within a given task.
- Reset analytics at any time to get a fresh perspective.