Workflow Management Software
BP Logix Process Director contains powerful workflow management software capable of managing critical business processes. The workflow system is a key component of the lean BPM offering that is designed to automate an organization's existing processes, without changing the way employees do business.
The workflow software was designed for business users. As a result, it enables organizations to easily model their review and approval process, automate routing, monitor results and satisfy content management needs. The workflow management engine provides a 100% web-based interface that enables users to graphically model and build their processes—without requiring either development or advanced IT resources. The BP Logix workflow engine allows documents, forms and tasks to be automatically routed in accordance with defined business processes. Our workflow software aligns business processes with the goals and capabilities of the people and applications involved in their execution, uniting business and technology. Read more in our workflow white paper.
Automated workflows enable organizations to capture their business processes, ensuring that forms and documents are created, reviewed, approved and published according to company policies and procedures. With BP Logix workflow, graphical workflows can be created by business users without requiring the assistance of IT. The workflow management system integrates with existing user directories (e.g. Active Directory, LDAP), allowing users and groups to be assigned as participants in an automated process. Users assigned workflow tasks are automatically notified via email and presented with a concise and easy-to-understand web page relevant to the task or activity requested. They do not require specific knowledge about the overall process because requests are automatically routed to the appropriate users as tasks are completed.
Integration with rules engine enables business analysts to define rules and conditions that control the routing and assignment of users.
Key Benefits of Workflow Management
- Speeds Internal Routing Processes. Reduces paper handling and manual routing; eliminates errors and reduces the lifecycle of document, content and forms processing.
- Automates Business Processes. The BP Logix workflow engine automates business processes by giving business users easy-to-use workflow tools. The workflow engine allows existing processes to be mapped into powerful, predefined workflows. A graphical workflow builder and workflow reporter give business users control over their workflows, without requiring IT assistance.
- Shortens Projects. Time to market is critical for all organizations. Business process automation and tracking accelerate the approval of internal projects. All team members can simultaneously perform tasks as part of the workflow process. Automatic email notifications alert team members when a task is assigned to them—or if they are in jeopardy of missing a due date.
- Eliminates Errors and Miscommunications. Ensures process consistency, eliminating errors and productivity problems due to lost or mishandled requests. Predefined workflow definitions guarantee that the same process is followed for each project or request. The products provide efficient tracking, management and reporting on all running processes.
Workflow Software Features
- 100% web-based GUI workflow builder for business users—no programming required
- Integrated business rules engine
- Routing of documents, eForms and content in accordance with existing business processes
- Automatic routing of a workflow package to appropriate users with routing slip and attached documents
- Ad hoc and structured/predefined workflows
- Application connectors allow easy integration with external data sources
- Automated email notifications
- "Email Listener" monitors mail server inboxes for incoming emails and starts a workflow process
- Due date management with conditional escalation
- Prioritized task lists for each user and automatic email reminders
- Group-based task assignment lets users accept individual tasks
- Web-based graphical workflow administration and reporting facilities
- Support for serial and parallel processes
- Conditional and branching functions support iterative processes
- Integration with Outlook calendar and scheduler
- Sub-workflow capabilities allow work to be delegated to subject matter experts (SME)
- Review groups can be established allowing business users to manage review environments