Electronic Forms (eForms)
Moving your forms online is easy with BP Logix eForms. eForms (electronic forms) provide you with everything you need to design, deploy and route electronic forms within your department, throughout your organization, even with your suppliers and customers. BP Logix Process Director is the easiest, fastest, and most cost effective way to move to an automated electronic forms system! Business users now have the ability to create and maintain eForms of any complexity, without requiring software development or extensive use of IT resources.
- Show/hide, protect/unprotect fields or entire form sections dynamically
- Set dynamic form behavior based on easily configured conditions (e.g., “hide this section when the user is not in IT”)
- Change form appearance based on user input, process status, client device, or any other information
- Forms automatically adjust appearance, behavior for small form-factor devices such as smart phones
- Forms automatically validate common inputs such as phone numbers and email addresses
- Simple point-and-click configuration for more complex validations (e.g., “end date is at least 30 days after start date”)
- Invalid fields automatically highlighted for easy correction
- Validate data on input or on form submission
- Validate input against external data sources
- Forms are easily configured to display only the information the end user needs and is permitted to see
- Form access controlled by fine-grained permissions, ensuring that only those forms any individual requires will be available to them
- Securely present forms outside the firewall without compromising your applications or data within
- Pre-populate form fields with static data, or with dynamic data from web services, databases, or even other forms
- Automatically generate sequence numbers in any format
- Enable or disable editing of pre-populated fields
External Database Integration
- Direct access to your organization’s data, right on the form
- Fill dropdowns, search for information, or pre-populate fields—all without coding—using Process Director’s intelligent data connectors
- Connect to data sources via SQL, web services, file uploads, and more
- Permanent record of every task performed and its result
- Provides verifiable confirmation of approval, rejections, or other actions
- Include comments, user pictures, signatures
eForms Builder (MS Word and VS)
- Process Director comes with two eForm builders, one based on Microsoft Word, and another on Microsoft Visual Studio.
- The Word-based builder, our most popular, enables you to create rich, dynamic forms using a tool with which your users are already familiar. Anybody who can use Word can learn to build effective eForms—no programming experience necessary!
- The Visual Studio-based builder is great for .Net developers already comfortable in that environment who wish to create pixel-perfect eForms with advanced technical features.
Advanced HTML Controls
- Don’t limit yourself to basic controls like text boxes, radio buttons, and dropdown menus. The Process Director eForm builder offers a wide array of advanced controls that result in richer, more dynamic, more useful forms. And, of course, eForms work with any modern browser. Here are just a few examples.
- The e-signature control enables the user to sign their name right onto the form, using an appropriate device with a stylus, mouse, or even a finger. Examples of applications that take advantage of the e-signature control include contract management and student registration.
- The comment log control captures the dialog among eForm users. The information can be used to clarify misunderstandings, review decision-making, or even just create a reviewable log of the reasons for the various actions taken on the form.
- The array control enables you to create dynamic lists, with the ability to control the presentation of each row. Lists are extremely useful for purchase order forms, user selection, and many other applications. You can even auto-populate lists from external data sources.
- The attachment controls enable you to select external objects, such as documents, and include them into your workflow. Invoices, corporate policies, vendor quotes—whatever your application, if there’s a document involved, you can make it available to workflow participants. A related control enables your users to check out and edit documents, checking them back in when their modifications are complete.
- Integration with your social and cloud based applications allows everything from twitter feeds to Google maps to be displayed on the eForms.